<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10132015\x26blogName\x3dPre-Cal+40S\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pc40s.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_CA\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pc40s.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1918750566317688867', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, February 14, 2005

Unit Circle

Ok so here's deal is it just me or does everybody get the unit circle description thing but me? You know that thing Mr.K does with his arms when trying to find coordinates on the unit circle. I understand what he's doing but I don't see the Unit Circle when he does the hand/arm motions. Anyone care to explain the points and what not when doing the those arm motions so maybe i'll actually see the unit circle because i'm sure not seeing it. =(

1 Comments:

At 2/17/2005 10:03 p.m., Blogger Mr. Kuropatwa said...

Hi Karen. Thanks for making such a brave and honest post; I have a lot of respect for you!

OK, maybe this will make more sense in text. All that spinning of my arms is me trying to visually illustrate where the terminal arm of an angle is in the unit circle. For example, when I've got my arm pointing just above the horizontal to my left (in my head at least) I'm pointing to pi/6. A little higher up would be pi/4 and when I'm pointing just to my left of vertical (straight up) that's supposed to be pi/3.

Once I've figured out where each angle is I try to figure out its coordinates by counting (1, 2, 3) along the horizontal for cosine and along the vertical for sine. To my right or down would be considered the negative direction.

Does this make more or less sense?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home