<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10132015\x26blogName\x3dPre-Cal+40S\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pc40s.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_CA\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pc40s.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1918750566317688867', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The Real Reflections

It seems to me that I understand pre-cal this semester a lot more than ever! This even includes last semester when I was taking pre-cal 30S for the second time. I’ve noticed a while back that everything we’ve learned in pre-cal 40S is mainly reflective of pre-cal 30S. For example, the sine and cosine graphs we are using excessively were taught to me and most likely you last semester. Since I understood it last semester, it is not that difficult to relate it to many of the problems I’m facing in my work now. Sure, there are some new things to remember that are new, but in my point of view, I’ve already learned half of it from my previous math class. Another thing that has helped me out was being in Mr.K’s class for pre-cal 30S. Because of this, I’m used to his teaching methods and don’t really need to adapt to a new class or new study habits. This may have another advantage to those returning students like me. What I mean by this is that we can get or old math dictionary back from Mr.K. As I mentioned above, there is a great deal of our current math that is reflective of pre-cal 30S. Our old dictionaries would probably help us out a great deal right now.

3 Comments:

At 3/08/2005 10:02 p.m., Blogger Mr. Kaminski said...

I am interested in the dictionary that you talk about that Mr. K has you keep.

My name is Terry Kaminski. I am a high school mathematics teacher in Cold Lake, Alberta.

This dictionary sounds interesting but I want to know how it works!!! It might be something good for me to use with my students.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Also, how do you receive marks for blogging!! I have just started a blog with my Gr. 11 math class and would like to know how you earn marks for blogging on the Pre Calc 40S sight.

 
At 3/09/2005 3:28 a.m., Blogger Adrien G said...

Well to answer your questions:
The math dictinary is a well explained personal copy of notes given too the class by the teacher. It explains everything we have learned in good simple detail. Its more or less a teacher written text book for us as students to use as a reference for doing our homework and studying for tests and exams.
Most of the math teachers i have had have never done this ,but i find it very importent to our learning as in math it lacks a informitive textbook. Excersises are only good to improve your skills but we need something such as a dictionary to be able to reference those skills.

As for marks for blogging the possibilities are endless, but due to it being very new to math I believe it should be given a great deal of leniency. So far what our teacher is doing is fine and this will be improved in time maybe even by then of this semester.he is giving 1 mark on our tests for posting a good responsive or informative blog dealing with what we are laerning or posting a good comment on a blogging promp.
I hope that helped. rember this is from a students point of view.

 
At 3/09/2005 8:46 a.m., Blogger Mr. Kaminski said...

Thanks for explaining what the dictionary is and how Mr. K awards you marks.

This has given me some great ideas for my own math blog!!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home